Wellness Floor Attendant – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Wellness Floor Attendant
Number of Vacancies: 4
Mahaska County YMCA
1521 Green St
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Purpose of Position:
- Monitor wellness floor
- Assist members with machine setups
- Light cleaning
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Wellness Coach is primarily responsible for ensuring the safety of YMCA members utilizing the strength and cardio areas.
- The Wellness Coach is an instrumental member of the wellness team and will provide a series of retention appointments with new YMCA members, utilizing software to engage, track, and support ongoing activity and assist members in reaching their wellness goals through membership at the YMCA.
- The Wellness Coach will be responsible for members throughout the wellness onboarding process, including working one-on-one with members through wellness appointments and the connection of members to selected wellness programs, as well as the follow-up of those members.
- Coaches will insure proper use of the equipment while maintaining a safe and motivating environment for members.
All subject matter requirements will be provided upon hiring.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have knowledge of basic exercise science and wellness principles. Prior (1 year) strength/conditioning experience is required.
- Must have high school diploma. Must have skills in relationship building, being empathic, and communication in order to perform successfully in this role.
- A working knowledge of YMCA programs in wellness and other program areas is required (will be provided).
- Must have a basic understanding of computer hardware and software is required.
- Administrative skills needed include organizational skills, scheduling, outcome tracking, follow through, and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding personal information of members.
- Position requires current certifications in CPR AED, First Aid, Safety & Risk Management, New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, YMCA Healthy Lifestyles, Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (or equivalent), and Listen First (will be provided).
Work Schedule (Days & Times):
Various Shifts available during the following days and times:
- Monday-Friday: 5 am – 9 am, 4 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday: 8 am – 3 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
Hourly Wage: $11.00
Employment Start Date: 09/05/2023
Employment End Date: 05/23/2024
Job Supervisor & Contact: