Skip to Content

Transfer to William Penn

We know the transition to a new college can be tricky. We’re here to help you get started.
  • Application for Admission (Download an Application for Admission or Apply Online)
  • Official transcripts from high school or college(s) attended. Students who wish to transfer from another college or university should supply an official transcript from each institution they have attended. A high school transcript is not required for students who have successfully completed over 24 semester-based credit hours. See the Academic Policy for Transfer Credit for more information.

Academic Policy for Transfer Credits

All academic courses passed at another accredited (Regional or CHEA approved accreditation) degree granting institution will be accepted providing the overall grade point average for those courses is 2.0 or above. Only courses with a grade of “C-” or above will transfer for those students with an overall grade point average of less than 2.0.

A.A. degree graduates of (Regional or CHEA approved) accredited degree granting institutions are accepted as having completed all Leadership Core requirements, with the exception of LDRS 290 Quaker Values and LDRS 390 Contemporary Leadership.

Course work from non-accredited institutions will be accepted based on recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE), the National Program for Non-collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES, DSST), and individualized articulation agreements with other institutions.

Official transcripts of all work must be submitted for credit to be granted. Transcripts must be sent from the originating institution directly to the Office of the Registrar at William Penn University.

Coursework from non-United States institutions will be evaluated based upon receipt of an official line-by-line international credit evaluation performed by the World Education Services. Please access their website to order evaluations to be sent to William Penn University.

Students desiring credit for military experience must provide an official transcript from AARTS (Army), SMARTS (Sailor/Marine), or the Community College of the Air Force.

The Education Division only accepts transfer credits ten years old or less.

Upon admission, unless special circumstances are agreed upon, at least one-half of the total credit required for the baccalaureate degree in nursing are granted and applied to the program, based on active RN license and/or academic transfer credit. This qualifies students to transfer at the junior level. Additional general education and support course credit may be transferred as determined by the WPU Registrar.

William Penn University holds articulation agreements with several Iowa Community Colleges, including:

  • Indian Hills Community College (IHCC)
  • Iowa Valley Community College
  • Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC)
  • Kirkwood Community College
  • Southeastern Community College


The admission decision is made on each applicant as soon as all materials are received. Following notification of acceptance, the applicant is requested to confirm the intention to enroll by submission of a $50 tuition deposit. This deposit is applied toward the student’s tuition upon enrollment. In the event of notification in writing of withdrawal prior to May 1 (or December 1 for second semester), the deposit will be refunded in full.

Contact us

Name Office Phone Email Office
Office of Admissions 800-779-7366 or 641-673-1012 PAC 203
Office of the Registrar 641-673-1082 Penn 217
Office of Academic Affairs 641-673-1010 Penn 221