Cashier – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Cashier
Department: Food Service
Number of Vacancies: 3
Work Location: Dining Hall
Purpose of Position:
- Scan student ID’s
- Handle cash transactions
- Cleaning and stocking
The Cashier works primarily in the retail operation, handling cash and credit transactions from Sodexo customers. Their main function is to accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete the transactions. Provides support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operating peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications: N/A
Work Schedule (Days & Times):
- Monday-Friday | 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday | 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. | 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Employment Start Date: 09/04/2023
Employment End Date: 05/03/2024
Job Supervisor & Contact: