Academic Tutor – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Academic Tutor
Department: Student Success Center
Number of Vacancies: 6+
Work Location: Student Success Center
Purpose of Position: To assist fellow students achieve their academic goals.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
The position of SSC tutor includes:
- working with individual students and groups in the preparation of
- homework assignments,
- research, and
- other assignments;
- leading study sessions;
- proctoring tests as requested by various instructors; and
- Additional duties may be required as determined by the supervisor.
Tutors must have:
- a desire to help students succeed;
- an ability to relate to culturally diverse students;
- good leadership, communication, and social skills; and
- must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Work Schedule (Days & Times):
- Work schedule varies depending on the operating hours of the Student Success Center and the tutor’s academic schedule.
- The Student Success Center is open:
- Monday thru Friday from 10am to 2pm, and
- Sunday thru Thursday nights from 6pm to 10pm.
Hourly Wage: $10.00
Employment Start Date: 08/21/2023
Employment End Date: 05/03/2024
Job Supervisor & Contact: