Men’s Volleyball Graduate Assistant
Date: March 24, 2022
Position Title: Men’s Volleyball Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience: Highschool / Collegiate playing experience preferred. Some coaching experience.
- Basic knowledge of the game of volleyball
- Understanding of how to play / run practice
- Can watch film and provide a detailed scouting report
- Independent decision making & ability to exercise good judgement
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently & as a team member to complete assigned tasks & meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, & communication skills essential
- Willing to work long hours
Position Summary: William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality
- Administer your sport/area in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HEART regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the designated budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining students.
- Oversee Junior Varsity program, when applicable.
- Attend Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures within your sport/area.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach/department head.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff.
- Perform responsibilities of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and attend annual training.
- Assist with the supervision of other athletic/university events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Men’s Volleyball Head Coach
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Graduate Assistant Position – 2 year position
Closing Date of Position: Until Filled
Send cover letter, resume, and references electronically to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer