Athletic Operations and Facilities Graduate Assistant
Date: June 9, 2022
Position Title: Athletic Operations and Facilities Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be accepted into a WPU Graduate Program
- Experience & Goals:
- Background in Recreation & Administration
- Has a desire to pursue a career in College Athletics
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and problem-solving skills essential;
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. William Penn University Athletics competes within the NAIA level in the Heart of America Athletic Conference.
- Assist in various aspects of administration including:
- organizing set-up and tear-down for all events
- provide supervision of special events
- Serve as the game-day manager for select sports & sporting events.
- Responsible for planning event, setting up, tearing down, communication with visiting teams & officials, and aiding in game-day promotions.
- Manage small scale facility projects and maintenance.
- Supervise and hire all work study employees.
- Coordinate all work study scheduling for gameday.
- Serve on appointed or approved committees.
- Assist in promoting and executing gameday promotions.
- Develop programming to enhance the fan experience.
- Assist with marketing and branding of athletic department.
- Assist with marketing and sales of WPU Team Apparel Store.
- Creating a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for all students and visitors.
- Fulfill all obligations with scheduled hours while also being flexible in special circumstances.
- Aid and communicate with the Sodexo Support Staff with facility management.
- Coordinate with Athletic Communication on gameday procedures and plans.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures.
- Monitor attendance and performance of student staff as directed.
- Assist with inventory and assessment of equipment and apparel.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow the Chain of Command.
- All Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Director of Activity Centers
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Temporary – minimum 2 year program
Closing Date of Position: Until Filled
Send cover letter, resume, and references electronically to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer