In compliance with federal law as established by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as Amended, transcripts will not be issued without the written consent of the student, as demonstrated by a physical signature of the student approving the release of the transcript. E-mail requests for transcripts will not be honored.
In addition to being mailed or picked up in person, transcripts can be faxed. Students should be aware, however, that many colleges/universities, employers, etc. will not consider a faxed transcript to be an “official” transcript for their purposes. William Penn University transcripts are printed on security paper with a hand-embossed seal.
Submit Transcript Request Form
Transcript Request Form is also available as a Word Doc or a PDF.
If you are unable to print the form, you may request a transcript by letter. All requests must include the following information:
- Your full name (and any former names, i.e., maiden name)
- Your social security number
- Date of birth
- Your current mailing address and daytime phone number
- Address to which the transcript is to be mailed
- Name and fax number to which the transcript is to be faxed (if necessary)
- Your original signature
- Check, cash, or money order in the appropriate amount (see Fees below).
Bring a completed Transcript Request Form to Penn Hall, Room 217, 201 Trueblood Avenue, Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577.
Fax your request to the Office of the Registrar at 641-673-1390.
Send to: Office of the Registrar, William Penn University, 201 Trueblood Avenue, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Transcripts: $10.00 each
- Faxing: Additional $1.00 charge per phone number to which the fax is sent. Original transcript will be mailed to the recipient to whom it was faxed. (No additional fee is charged for scanning a copy to an email address.)
- Special Mail Handling: Please check with the desired carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS) to determine return mailing costs if other than regular first class service is desired. This fee must be included with your request.
Payment must accompany the request or be paid in advance. Check, cash, money order, or credit card (Visa, Discover, MasterCard) are accepted methods of payment. If payment by credit card is desired, please contact the Business Office at 641-673-1039 to arrange payment.
Transcripts will not be issued if the student has outstanding financial obligations at William Penn University, as determined by the Business and Financial Aid Offices. Special mailing or faxing is not included and will require additional fees (see below).
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take?
Regardless of the means by which the transcript will be issued (in person, by mail, or by fax), there is a five day processing time on all transcript requests, assuming there are no outstanding financial obligations. Please allow extra time for mailing.
May I request my transcript now and receive it after my grades are posted?
Yes. Please indicate on the request form that you wish the transcript to be sent after the current semester grades are posted.
May I request my transcript now and receive it after my degree is posted?
Yes. Please indicate on the request form that we should wait and issue the transcript once your degree has been posted.