Career Services – Graduate Assistant
Date: May 04, 2023
Position Title: Career Services Graduate Assistant
Department: Student Services
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Background in Business, or Marketing preferred but not required.
- Must be enrolled full-time in a Graduate degree program.
- Possess excellent oral and written skills.
The graduate assistant aids the Career Services department in the overall development and management of a comprehensive, centralized career development and career services program.
- Work 20 hours per week.
- Completes training component related to Career Services and available tools.
- Provides individual and group career counseling to students and alumni to assist with career decision-making.
- Administers career assessments (such as COPS) as requested, and helps students interpret them.
- Assists in research, design and delivery of workshops, class presentations and panels on career-related issues, including self-assessment, career exploration, job search strategies including use of the Internet, graduate school, and overall professional preparation.
- Oversees and promotes online career mentoring process for use by current students and alumni in collaboration with Alumni Relations and the Office of Advancement.
- Assists with the coordination of career planning days.
- Cultivates and monitors partnerships with faculty, current and potential internship sites, employers and alumni.
- Attends Connect Iowa meetings, as appropriate, and seminars, conferences, and webinars related to Career Services.
- Encourages students to engage in information interviews, job shadowing, etc. with alumni and employers.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing strategies of career services to students, faculty, employers and alumni, including use of social networking sites.
- Advises and coaches students on resume and letter writing, networking and interviewing, and the use of online tools like Handshake and social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Must be open and adaptable to change.
- Must work cooperatively and respectfully with all populations.
- May supervise Career Services work/study student in absence of Coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Career Services Coordinator.
Reports to: Director of Career Services
Start Date: September 1, 2023
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Graduate Assistant (Temporary)
Closing Date of Position: Until Filled
Send a cover letter, resume and three references electronically to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer