Campus Ministry – Graduate Assistant
Date: June 21, 2023
Position Title: Campus Ministry Graduate Assistant
Department: Student Services
Position Requirements and Preferences:
|Bachelor’s Degree required
|Background with Spiritual Leadership
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer your spiritual life responsibilities in total compliance with William Penn and Campus Ministry Committee regulations and guidelines. Work with Youth and Young Adults Director of Iowa Yearly Meeting of Friends as well as the pastor of College Avenue Friends.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the campus ministries budget. All purchases need to be approved by the Director of Student Activities.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining religious life scholarship students while developing leaders and spiritual growth.
- Attend Campus Ministry Committee meetings. Cooperate and communicate with the Campus Ministry Committee.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures as outlined by Religious Life scholarships and William Penn University Code of Conduct.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance of Spiritual Life students.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner with integrity at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- Follow all University policies and procedures.
- Perform responsibility of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and attend annual training.
- Initiate and execute activities that further the spiritual lives of students.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Campus Minister
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-Time/Temp: Minimum of Two Years (Temporary)
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee.
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.