Development Officer – Alumni / Community Relations – Staff Position
Position Title: Development Officer – Alumni/Community Relations
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement; this position is responsible for building relationships with all constituent groups. Establish contact with alumni, parents and students through travel, events, activities and long-term projects that purposefully engage and involve constituents, building relationships towards advancement initiatives and campaign activity.
Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel computer applications. Strong people skills, demonstrated organizational skills, detail oriented and time management skills. Team oriented office environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Able to travel, work occasional evenings and weekends.
Position Requirements & Preferences:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Experience: Administrative duties | Customer service etiquette
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Personal visits (15 face to face contacts per month)
- Establish and cultivate relationships essential for support from WPU constituents
- Manage portfolio of 100 giving club level prospects
- Serve as Executive Secretary for Board of Advisors
- Develop Senior Project
- Coordinate Penn Parent Program
- Serve as Oskaloosa Diplomat
- Coordinate event sponsorship program
- Promote success of WPU alumni
- Assist VP for Advancement in advancement initiatives and campaign activity
- Assist in entry of development officer team field reports
- Develop and organize events/activities related to fundraising activity
- Assist in enlistment of volunteers and alumni relations development program when needed
- Assist with special events coordination within the Advancement Office
- Develop and promote campus activities for enrollment growth and revenue generation
- Travels to promote William Penn University and works closely with other professional staff to implement development program.
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-time | Part-time | Temp: Full-time
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Attn: Human Resources Coordinator
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer