Director of Information Technology Services – Staff Position
Date: July 19, 2023
Position Title: Director of Information Technology Services
Department: Information Technology Services
Position Requirements and Preferences:
|Master’s degree preferred Bachelor’s degree required. Demonstrated expertise in Information Services is also required.
|Seven to Ten years supervisory experience and financial reporting experience in a related field required. Prior Higher Education experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong technical knowledge and curiosity. Eager to know about and to apply new technologies to the educational and business needs of the university.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work effectively with leadership, faculty, staff, and students to understand and meet the IT needs of the university.
- Requires independent decision-making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills.
- May work in an environment of shifting priorities; frequent interruptions; hectic pace; and interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer software, or similar programs.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building and communication skills essential.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Director of Information Technology Services will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
Specifically, the Director of Information Technology Services will understand the academic and business operations of institutions of higher education and will provide leadership, vision, and direction in order to support educational objectives of William Penn University. In addition, the IS Director will oversee the systems currently being used and develop long-term plans to upgrade the systems to better serve the University’s needs.
- Understanding the academic and business operations of institutions of higher education
- Providing leadership, vision, and direction in order to support educational objectives of WPU
- Giving strategic advice to university staff on new and existing technology to more efficiently meet their job requirements
- Managing the information service personnel, including setting performance standards and conducting employee evaluations
- Overseeing the systems currently being used and developing long-term plans to upgrade the systems to better serve the university’s needs
- Developing and implementing both short-term and long-term budget for department
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Provides leadership and helps establish goals within sphere of responsibility. If applicable, effectively moves subordinates toward these goals.
- Is effectively self-motivated. Acts rather than reacts. Motivates subordinates. Works under own volition.
- Is able to evaluate programs and personnel. Addresses the task of evaluation. Uses the results of evaluation to improve programs and personnel.
- Demonstrates willingness to make decision when they are required. Gathers facts and makes decisions based on facts. Justifies own decisions in an intelligent and critical manner.
- Performs activities in an ethical manner. Works with integrity and respects the rights of individuals.
- Reads and participates in professional organizations. Seeks ways to improve administratively and professionally.
- Can be depended upon to meet deadlines. Is reliable in attending meetings and fulfilling commitments.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: President
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume and a list of at least 3 references electronically to:
Attn: Angella Foster
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.