Women’s Golf Graduate Assistant
Date: March 26, 2020
Position Title: Women’s Golf Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Background in the sport of women’s golf
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
- Positive and energetic leader
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to teach and communicate with different methods
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management and relationship building is essential
- Willing to work long hours
- To understand the large purpose of being a coach
- Desire to learn and grow
- Administer your sport in total compliance with William Penn University, NAIA and the Heart of America regulations and guidelines.
- Coach and mentor athletes at the highest level.
- Administer practices and tournaments alongside of the Head Coach
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the women’s golf budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Develop new practice plans and skill development strategies.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within.
- Encourage/monitor attendance along with academic performance as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with annual inventory of materials and supplies.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display exceptional sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Assist in planning practice and player development strategies.
- Serve as chairperson for home golf tournaments.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff on athlete’s overall wellbeing.
- Assist with the promotion of team through social media.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Head Women’s Golf Coach
Start Date: August 1, 2020
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-Time/Temp: 2 year position considered a Temporary Employee
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.