Position Title: Web Developer
Department: Information Services
Position Requirements and Preferences
Education: Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in application or web development / integration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build positive working relationships with staff and customers of diverse professional backgrounds and personalities.
- Good analytical problem-solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize concurrent work assignments, anticipate problems, follow up on open assignments, and address delays to best meet customer needs and deadlines.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules to accommodate instructional needs, downtime, system emergencies, and other issues that mandate a change of priorities.
- The desire and ability to keep abreast of changing technologies, to learn and utilize new technologies quickly, and advocate their proper use.
- In-depth experience with one or more application development environments such as Visual Basic and web development Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress.
- Familiarity with a variety of classroom and instructional hardware and software.
- Familiarity with delivery of information services in a higher education environment.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, SIS/CRM software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Basic SQL, HTML, ASP.NET, C# and/or Python skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with both technical people and non-technical system users.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 50 pounds and work in space-constricted environments when necessary.
- Works with user departments to analyze specific needs, integrate appropriate software / web solutions, resolve problems, and configure applications to meet system and user needs.
- Analyze business information processing needs and recommend solutions.
- Participate in projects to build or integrate IT solutions that support the needs of stakeholders.
- Develop scripts and programming where needed to support system integration.
- Performs appropriate testing, including with users, to ensure problem-free system implementation.
- Work effectively with on-staff Analysts, IS Specialists, and Vendor-provided services supporting application development and integration services.
- Utilize, and enforce standard procedures and documentation to ensure the smooth long-term operations of systems in use by the University.
- Train user department personnel to effectively use the university’s systems.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Information Services
Start Date: January 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
Human Resources Coordinator
William Penn University Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.