Summer Internship Season has begun!
It’s not too early to apply for summer internships. The following opportunities have already been posted, so be sure to check application deadlines and don’t miss out! For more information on these and other jobs/internships, visit the Penn Job Blog at https://tinyurl.com/pennjobblog1.
Soil & Water Conservation Districts – Mahaska County and Marion County
2020 Summer Intern Positions
(deadline January 31 (must be received by Noon)
Principal Financial Group, Summer Internship-Advisory Team, Des Moines, IA
Story County, Vegetation Management Aide, Nevada, IA
Two summer positions
City of Ames, Public Works Engineering Technical Assistant, Iowa
2020 Census seeking crew members
Interested in extra income? Join the 2020 Census Team! The Census jobs provide:
- Great pay – $17.50 per hour
- Flexible hours
- Weekly pay
- Paid training
You can apply online at 2020census.gov/jobs. For more information, stop by the Career Services Office in Penn Hall 220 and pick up a brochure!
Scholarship Opportunity – Immediate Action Needed!
Are you interested in careers in the insurance and financial services industry? Principal is offering three (3) $2500 scholarships for up to three students at William Penn University for the Fall 2020 Semester. Applicants should be either a sophomore or junior. The application deadline is January 31 – so don’t hesitate to update your resume and do the essay required, and fill out the application form.. Need help? Career Services is glad to assist. Contact Professors David Meinert and Jay Christensen if you want to discuss this opportunity.
Use this link to access the details and application: www.iifsef.org/index.php/scholarship-opportunities
The Foundation Scholarship Committee will conduct interviews in February, and announce award winners in March 2020.
Clow Valve seeking Human Resources Intern – Immediate Opening
This position is designed for current college students studying in the Human Resources field. Clow Valve has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Intern. This internship will be involved in a variety of different HR functions and will have the ability to shadow all aspects of the HR process to help the candidate get a broad scope of what Human Resources in Manufacturing is about.
6 month internship in the HR Department, may be extended if necessary.
Day-shift (and as needed)
The responsibilities of the successful candidate for the HR Internship will include but are not limited to:
- Stores material in paper form, or enters information into computerized storage system and helps maintain record accuracy according to document retention policy.
- Retrieves materials for qualified personnel upon request.
- Searches for and investigates information contained in files, inserts additional data on file records, completes reports, and keeps files current.
- Scans materials or copies records, and examines materials for legibility.
- Types labels or reports.
- Processes department mail.
- Makes copies of documents for distribution.
- Assists with background checks and employment verification requests, and other parts of the pre-employment process.
- Sets up drug screens, physicals and coordinates new hire orientation.
- Creates new hire orientation packets and compiles information.
- Meets and greets employees and customers entering the Human Resources Department and announces them to the desired individual.
- Helps coordinate new hire orientation between HR, Safety, Environmental, and Nursing departments.
- Creates and posts flyers.
- Creates, folds and stuffs information for distribution within paychecks.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for the HR Internship must have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred. (Or currently pursuing such degree)
- Strong communication and written skills.
GO TO THE CLOW WEBSITE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Green Iowa AmeriCorps has partnered with MidAmerican Energy and our Community to provide you with free energy efficiency & air sealing services! The goal of our collaboration is to help lower your gas, water, and electricity bills to help you save money, save energy, and create a more comfortable living space for you and your family. There is no income requirement, the audits will take place the week of January 27 in Oskaloosa, Ottumwa, and Barnes City, and after the audit, Green Iowa will provide installation of energy saving measures. Even better, ALL labor and materials are free! Have questions? Interested in signing up? Email Greeniowacf@gmail.com or Phone 319-273-7233 to get answers and make an appointment. Request a full flyer from email@example.com.
The Green Iowa AmeriCorps – Mahaska Partnership is supporting this project by the Energy Community AmeriCorps Program. The City of Oskaloosa, Mahaska Co. Soil & Water Conservation District, and William Penn University are Mahaska partners.
If you haven’t joined Handshake yet, now is the time. Not only are you able to search for jobs and internships on Handshake, but if you also complete your profile, participating employers will be able to send you job and internship opportunities based on your profile! Couldn’t be easier!! Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Grad Students, and Alumni – this platform is for YOU! As of today, there are over 3,200 employers who are approved in our system, and looking to hire Penn students. These employers have posted over 4,000 opportunities, currently in the system. And these opportunities are all over the United States. (Some employers also have jobs abroad.)
Visit the Penn Job Blog at https://tinyurl.com/pennjobblog1 for additional job postings, internships and career tips. Join Handshake, and even more opportunities are available!
Questions? Contact the Career Services department for more inforation at 641-673-2173 or by email.