Online Academic Advisor/Assistant Registrar
Position Title: Online Academic Advisor/Assistant Registrar
Department: Office of Academic Affairs
Position Requirements and Preferences:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Administration, or related field required from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- Experience in higher education in administration
- Experience with Moodle or other learning management systems required
- Experience with cloud-based academic management systems (CAMS).
• Office management/coordination abilities.
• Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well-developed critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
• Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
• Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
• Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
• Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
- Academic advising for students enrolled in online program.
- Creating a rapport with online students that is personal and responsive.
- Support with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peacemaking, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Provide proactive academic advising to students enrolled in the online program, providing timely service in compliance with all university regulations.
- Monitor student attendance and take appropriate action as absences occur.
- Complete timely and accurate paperwork and maintain a system for retrieving advising records regarding: adds, drops, LOAs, withdrawals, intent to graduate, independent studies, etc.
- Provide Faculty Orientation and training as needed (pay included in salary), providing academic support (EAGLE, Moodie, and other technical training as well as guidance for teaching and locating teaching resources).
- Serve as direct contact for students, providing troubleshooting for Moodle, locating resources, answering policy or procedural questions, troubleshooting technology.
- Track retention and graduation rates of online cohorts.
- Participate in mandatory meetings.
- Establish positive relationships with all constituents.
- Comply with all-university policies and procedures; maintain a high level of professionalism and ethics; attend all graduation ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Online & Remote Learning
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.