Online Academic Advisor/Assistant Registrar
Position Title: Online Academic Advisor/Assistant Registrar
Department: Academic Affairs
Position Requirements and Preferences:
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Administration, or related field required from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- Experience in higher education in administration
- Experience with Moodle or other learning management systems required
- Experience with cloud-based academic management systems (CAMS)
- Working knowledge of computer software programs (Word, Excel)
Advise students in Online program
- Evaluate incoming transcripts
- Create Plan of Study
- Document and maintain current enrollment data – add/drop
- Communicate with students regarding academic/instructor issues
- Assist students in navigating – financial aid, billing, books, computers, classes, portfolio, etc.
- Work with campus offices to assist Online students
- Every semester check final grades for English course requirements (C- or higher)
- Assist advisees in completing Intent to Graduate form and degree audit
- Collect Intent to Graduate form and submit to registrar
- Communication must be answered within 24 hours – this includes evenings and weekends
Recruitment and Retention
- Create Plan of Study for all potential students who submit transcripts for evaluation
Additional Administrative duties
- Monitor student attendance and take appropriate action as absences occur.
- Complete timely and accurate paperwork and maintain a system for retrieving advising records regarding: adds, drops, LOAs, withdrawals, intent to graduate, etc.
- Provide Faculty Orientation and training as needed, providing academic support (Moodle, and other technical training as well as guidance for teaching and locating teaching resources)
- Serve as direct contact for students, providing troubleshooting for Moodle, locating resources, answering policy or procedural questions, troubleshooting technology.
- Participate in mandatory meetings.
- Establish positive relationships with all constituents.
- Comply with all-university policies and procedures; maintain a high level of professionalism and ethics; attend all graduation ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented while multi-tasking, working independently and problem solving
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
Director of Online & Remote Learning (in collaboration with the Registrar for duties that fall under the Office of the Registrar)
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume and references:
Attn: Human Resources Coordinator
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.