Men’s Volleyball Graduate Assistant
Date: March 6, 2020
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- High School/Collegiate playing experience preferred. At least some coaching experience.
- Basic knowledge of the game of volleyball
- Understanding of how to plan/run a practive
- Can watch film and provide a detailed scouting report
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgement
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building and communication skills essential
- Willing to work long hours
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer your sport/area in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HEART regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the designated budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining students.
- Oversee Junior Varsity program, when applicable.
- Attend Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures within your sport/area.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach/department head.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff.
- Perform responsibilities of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and attend annual training.
- Assist with the supervision of other athletic/university events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Men’s Volleyball Head Coach
Start Date: July 1, 2020
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-Time/Temp: Graduate Assistant Position – 2 year position
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will Employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.