Marketing & Communications Manager
Date: April 20, 2022
Positions Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Positions Requirements & Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Administrative duties
- Customer service etiquette
- Office management / coordination abilities
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgement, accuracy, flexibility, and well developed critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, and / or the public
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, gramma, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner, and copy machine
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement; this position is responsible for communicating to the public via broadcast media displaying an image of excellence to the general public and to all constituency groups along with developing and implementing marketing strategies for William Penn University, including the design and production of external publications to all constituent groups. Marketing strategies will be influenced by research of trends in higher education and key interest groups, Board of Trustees and Administrative leadership. Also, this position will oversee, coordinate and work on developing the conference business for the University, including academic/athletic camps for enrollment growth and revenue generation.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Coordinates brand development and message for William Penn University
- Assists in researching market trends in higher education & implement marketing strategies to increase visibility of and enrollment for WPU
- Procure, design and develop advertising space/time to advance messaging of the image and goals of William Penn University, based on target markets
- Oversee design, production and distribution of university publications – Bulletin, academic catalog, student handbook brochures and special event programs
- Represents the University to the media in a professional manner via print, social media and website.
- Proficient in Social Media and advances in technology-based media
- Draft news releases and feature stories relative to events, announcements and other items of interest; to include hometown releases for student enrollment, honors, activities and graduation
- Prepare weekly features for the Oskaloosa Herald and local radio
- Serve as key member of emergency response team and facilitate notification of weather –related or other cancellations
- Assist Vice President for Advancement as spokesperson for the university when necessary
- Assist in coordination of university special events such as convocations, guest lectures, commencement, honors program and special events within Advancement Office
- Approve all posted signs and posters displayed on campus – enforce posting policy
- Oversee conferencing calendar – organize events, meetings, and groups for both on campus and off campus customers – track account receivables and cancellations.
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Full-Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer