Information Systems Specialist
Position Title: Information Systems Specialist
Department: Information Services
Position Requirements and Preferences
Education: Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other technical discipline preferred.
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- In-depth technical experience with a variety of personal computers, operating systems, wired and wireless networking and telecommunications equipment.
- Experience with popular smart phones, tablet computers, personal digital assistants, and related devices.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules to accommodate instructional needs, downtime, system emergencies, and other issues that mandate a change of priorities.
- The desire and ability to keep abreast of changing technologies, to learn and utilize new technologies quickly, and advocate their proper use.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Familiarity with a variety of classroom and instructional hardware and software.
- Familiarity with delivery of information services in a higher education environment.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 50 pounds and work in space-constricted environments when necessary.
- Support William Penn’s students, faculty, staff, and other collaborators by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technology-related questions and issues posed directly or through the help desk.
- Encouraging and educating users on University approved best practices and proper usage of systems.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, and update documentation of desktop and laptop computers, networking and telecommunications equipment, and related hardware and software according to University standards.
- Providing support for the acquisition, inventory, configuration, deployment, and surplus/recycling of technology.
- Assisting all other technical and non-technical staff in supporting a mixed-platform environment including Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and other UNIX-based computer systems and servers.
- Representing Information Services in meetings and on university committees as directed, and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Information Services Manager
Start Date: January 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
Human Resources Coordinator
William Penn University Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer