Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Position Title: Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Position Requirements and Preferences:
A. Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
B. Experience: Coaching experience required. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public
- Demonstrate the ability to be a positive team member
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Willing to work long hours.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Head Coach will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and Heart of American Athletic Conference (Heart) regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget. All purchase orders, expense forms and check requests must be submitted in a timely manner to the Athletic Director.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Compliance Officer and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each head coach is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.
- Coordinate all team travel plans with the Transportation Director in a timely manner.
- Assist the SID with news releases, media guides and other team related materials.
- Be a positive role model for your team and monitor discipline guidelines with your team.
- Contribute to the athletic department as a good team member with positive energy.
- Submit an updated annual inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of your team members.
- Consistently communicate with Admissions with your recruiting information.
- Coordinate schedules for varsity and junior varsity teams.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Work with the Champions of Character Representative to assure that your program is fulfilling NAIA and Institutional guidelines.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Be loyal and supportive with the Athletic Department staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Will support the performance management system used by William Penn University and do formal quality reviews of your subordinates as per the guidelines established
- Teach courses as requested and needed
- Supervise games as assigned by the Athletic Director
- Assist with all aspects of Title IX and be willing to serve on Campus Title IX Team
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume electronically:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.