Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Assistant Distance Track Coach
Date: December 8, 2021
Position Title: Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Assistant Distance Track Coach
Position Requirements and Preferences
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Experience: Coaching experience required. Collegiate coaching experience preferred. Experience coaching two teams at one time preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Assist to administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and Conference regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget(s). All purchase orders, expense forms and check requests must be submitted in a timely manner to the Athletic Director.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Director of Compliance and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program with direction from the Athletic Director.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each program is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.
- Coordinate all team travel plans with the Transportation Director in a timely manner.
- Assist the SID with news releases, media guides and other team related materials.
- Be a positive role model for your team and monitor discipline guidelines with your team.
- Assist with an updated annual inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of your team members.
- Consistently communicate with Admissions with your recruiting information.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Work with the Champions of Character Representative to assure that your program is fulfilling NAIA guidelines.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Be loyal and supportive with the Athletic Department staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Will support the performance management system used by William Penn University and do formal quality reviews of your subordinates as per the guidelines established.
- Oversee supervision of facilities to assure there is no unsupervised activity.
- Assist with supervision of other home activities as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Resume and Cover Letter sent to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.