Graduate Assistant for Student Life
Position Title: Graduate Assistant for Student Life
Department: Student Services
Position Requirements and Preferences:
A. Education: Bachelor’s Degree
B. Experience: Background in student organization involvement.
C. Other: Must be enrolled full-time in a Graduate degree program. Possess excellent oral and written skills.
- Work 25 hours per week.
- Support the Student Services Office through program advisement, training, and student development.
- Assist with planning, implementing and evaluating student activity/campus life programs, campus events, and celebrations as assigned.
- Work on all necessary program arrangements for space, publicity, special requirement of performers, and other program needs.
- Provide on-site supervision of events to oversee facilities use, arrangements, admission, and compliance with policies and to assist in problem resolution
- Develop initiatives and work collaboratively with other staff to assist students in their connection and involvement with activities organizations, and small groups.
- Utilization of technology available to aid presentations, as well as publicize events.
- Develop communication with campus community to facilitate coordination of programs.
- Keep monthly calendar of events updated.
- May be assigned special projects as needed.
- This position may require evening and weekend hours.
Reports to: Dean of Students/Assistant Director of Residence Life
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: New
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Graduate Assistant positions are a minimum of 2 years
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.