Women’s Lacrosse Graduate Assistant
Position Title: Women’s Lacrosse Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s Degree required
||Background in Women’s Lacrosse.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Willing to work long hours
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, this position will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer Women’s Lacrosse in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HAAC regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the designated budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach/department head.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining students.
- Oversee Junior Varsity program, when applicable.
- Attend Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures within your sport/area.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach/department head.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff.
- Perform responsibilities of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and attend annual training.
- Assist with the supervision of other athletic/university events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Head Lacrosse Coach
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Graduate Assistant
Starting Salary Wage: Dependent upon qualifications
Closing Date of Posting: When filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.