Web Content & Market Research Specialist
Date: February 21, 2019
Position Title: Web Content & Market Research Specialist
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
||Administrative duties, customer service etiquette
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement; this position is responsible for research and reporting of market trends in higher education. Responsible for developing and implementing web content communications for William Penn University to all constituent groups. Communication strategies will be influenced by research of trends in higher education and key interest groups, Board of Trustees and Administrative leadership.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Understanding of analytics, as well as search engine optimization techniques in researching market trends in higher education
- Produce market trend reports for Cabinet/BT assessment
- Identify and coordinate content owners who are/will be responsible for content on specific web pages.
- Manages all web content providers and web content for WPU owned entities throughout campus
- Create content calendaring systems to facilitate process
- Leverage all brand work and persona development
- Create web governance framework, establish roles and decision-making authority for university’s digital presence.
- Coordinates with departments third-party websites for university branding and policies
- Interview students, faculty, alumni and others for online profiles – schedule photo/video shoots for each.
- Conduct needs assessment to identify areas where content must be generated.
- Assists with calendaring internal events for faculty/staff and student activities on-campus
- Coordinates daily WPU/Barker Channel announcements
- Communicate and promote special events within the Advancement Office, including campus activities for enrollment growth and revenue generation
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.