Video / TV Producer
Date: July 11, 2019
Position Title: Video / TV Producer
Department: Communications Research Institute
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s degree and significant professional / educational experience
||Five years education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities specified in this job description, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of current audio-visual technology and approaches.
- Knowledge of and respect for William Penn University history, culture, and mission.
- Collaborative conversations and decision-making.
- Understanding of best practices in studio development and design.
- Independent decision making within the context of a TEAM environment.
- Exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Work effectively in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Commitment to producing professional level productions within deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Ability to travel and to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- An effective TEAM player.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To foster that community faculty will lead by example, develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. The Video / TV Producer is a creative, collaborative, professional who oversees projects from conception to completion, with high-level camera, audio, and editing skills. The producer support Academic and CRI outcomes by identifying and developing student talent within a collaborative TEAM-first culture.
- Creates professional and creative productions with support and collaboration of CRI TEAM.
- Plan video and audio projects using scripts, storyboards and schedules.
- Shoot / edit quality videos with lighting, sound, and positioning equipment.
- Work closely and effectively with student crews throughout all phases of production.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of studio production and non-linear editing.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to crawl into small spaces to assess and repair equipment.
- Ability to use ladders and hang lights and configure sets.
- Word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Ability and commitment to continue learning position and technology skills.
- Work cooperatively to support recruiting, retention, and student development.
- Complete Annual Performance Evaluation.
- Documents progress toward professional goals, commitment to excellence, and development of intellectual and professional skills.
- Attends conferences; maintains a research / continued learning agenda.
- Supports and encourages other colleagues and students; is willing to share expertise in conversation and in formal presentations.
- Accepts points of concern and counsel from peers and supervisor.
- Actively participates in the academic, athletic, and social life of the campus.
- Actively participates on campus committees and/or student groups.
- Actively supports student recruiting, retention, advising, and documentation processes to meet university goals and support student progress.
Ethics & Collegiality:
- Represents and the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, colleagues, and other members of the university and Oskaloosa communities.
- Works harmoniously and cooperatively with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: CRI Director
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application, dossier and names of at least three references (with contact information) to:
Steve Jackson, CRI Director
C/O Christy Boston
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.