Public Relations and Marketing Graduate Assistant
Date: October 22, 2018
Position Title: Public Relations and Marketing Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s Degree required. Acceptance into William Penn University’s Master of Business Leadership program is required.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager; this position is responsible for generating creatives for the University and various academic or athletic programs. This includes, but is not limited to, digital, print, or written, advertisement on behalf of the University. In addition, this position is tasked with compiling creative press release material or other written publications which will be distributed to various media outlets or respective parties.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peacemaking, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Represents the University to the media in a professional manner via print, social media, and website.
- Tasked with the compilation of weekly features or press releases to illustrate the University as a whole—diversity, opportunities, intimate, etc.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager as a spokesperson for the University when necessary.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a collaborative team player, while completing various assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Experience and understanding of AP Style writing.
- Having knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere, and/or InDesign is preferred.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, faculty, and/or public.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full-time contract
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.