Penn Activity Center Graduate Assistant
Date: February 22, 2018
Position Title: Penn Activity Center Graduate Assistant – Events Assistant
Department: Student Activities
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Background in Recreation & Administration
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community and equality.
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Organize set-up and tear-down, as well as provide supervision of special events in PAC building. Events are typically on weekends, but scheduled weekday and weekend hours will be required.
- Fulfill all obligations with scheduled hours while also being flexible for special circumstances.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Sodexo Support Staff.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the PAC, Intramural and Game Room budgets. All purchases need to be approved by the Director of the PAC and Intramurals.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student staff.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist with coordination and creation of events and activities within PAC, Intramurals and Game Room.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures within PAC, Intramurals and Game Room.
- Monitor attendance and performance of student staff as directed by the Director of the PAC and Intramurals.
- Assist with inventory and assessment of equipment.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- All other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of PAC and Intramurals
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: New Position
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.