Penn Activity Center Graduate Assistant and Facility Coordinator
Date: December 4, 2018
Position Title: Penn Activity Center Graduate Assistant & Facility Coordinator
Department: Student Activities
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s Degree required. Acceptance into William Penn University’s Master of Business Leadership program is required.
||Length of Employment
||Minimum of 2 years
Reporting to the Director of PAC and Intramurals; this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the PAC for the University. This includes, but is not limited to, managing Federal Work Study and College Job positions, maintaining facilities and equipment, reporting issues to Sodexo Support Services, and recruiting & retaining student staff. In addition, this position is tasked with managing an inventory for the recreation and events areas of the facility.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peacemaking, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Represents the University to the media in a professional manner via print, social media, and website.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Demonstrates an ability to independently make decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Will be required to work nights and weekends.
- Will be required to work an adjusted schedule for holiday breaks and summers.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a collaborative team player, while completing various assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, faculty, and/or public.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Having knowledge in Microsoft StaffHub and Excel is preferred.
- Serves as PAC facility representative in Equipment Issue office during scheduled hours.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, supervising, and retaining Welcome Center employees (includes calculating and submitting weekly timecards by posted deadline).
- Assist with communication, coordination, scheduling, set-up/tear-down, and supervision of PAC user events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of PAC and Intramurals.
Reports to: Director of PAC
Start Date: May 2019
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Graduate Assistant
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.