Event Planning and Bowling Alley Management Graduate Assistant
Date: October 22, 2018
Position Title: Event Planning and Bowling Alley Management Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s Degree required. Acceptance into William Penn University’s Master of Business Leadership program is required.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager; this position is responsible for the marketing management of Mahaska Bowl via media outlets and other resources. In addition, this position will oversee, coordinate, and work on developing the conference business for the University, including academic or athletic camps for enrollment growth, revenue generation, and overall student experience.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peacemaking, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Represents the University to the media in a professional manner via print, social media, and website.
- Organizes the advertisement and marketing plan of the bowling alley.
- Experience and strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and InDesign.
- Creates marketing and promotional material for the bowling alley.
- Monitors the insights and analytics of the material.
- Coordinate special events through the Advancement Office on or off campus.
- Lead or assist in the coordination of special events such as convocations, guest lectures, commencement, honors program, etc.
- Coordinate with SGA, Student Life, and PASS contacts for special events on or off campus for the students and University community.
- Trains new users on calendaring system.
- Oversee conferencing calendar–organize events, meetings, and groups for both on and off campus customers.
- Track account receivables and cancellations.
- Assist with marketing and promotional material of the events on or off campus—especially those associated with the University.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Knowledge of inventory intake and tracking system.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full-time contract
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.