Position Title: Graduate Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer
Position Requirements and Preferences: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related fields. Must be certified by NATA, CATA, or JATO.
Eligible for Licensure by the State of Iowa.
Position Summary: William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the athletic training will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Responsible to oversee prevention, care and rehabilitation for all assigned
- Document all injuries including concussion prevention and care.
- Assist with supervision of Athletic Training Center (ATC), monitor inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Work closely with head coaches to keep them informed on the status of injuries.
- Responsible to cover designated practices and home games, away games as assigned, based on sport.
- Keep the ATC clean and organized and ware proper attire.
- Responsible to assist in keeping documentation for insurance records.
- This information should be available for all games & practices.
- Assist with overseeing of all physical and immunization forms.
- Attend all coaches meetings.
- Be available to present important information.
- Assure that we have ambulance services for home football games.
- Help maintain rules for ATC and do not allow loitering.
- Help oversee duties of undergraduate student’s workers.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head and staff AT’s and Athletic Director.
Reports to: Abu Ibrahim
Start Date: August 1st, 2017
Replacement or New Position: Replacement position
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full Time/ Temp
Closing Date of Posting: Open until filled
Application Sent to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.