Date: December 20, 2018
Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s degree required.
||Admissions experience not required; personal experience as a WPU student is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for working with students and their families
- Ability to facilitate, manage and evaluate assigned recruitment area
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Ability to learn and retain a wide range of institutional information
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent oral communication skills including phone and in-person conversations and ability to give presentations in small and large group settings
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including a sensitivity to their needs and concerns
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
· Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
· A valid driver’s license.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Admissions Counselor will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. Specifically, the Admissions Counselor will effectively communicate the opportunities that the institution offers to students through face-to-face contact, phone calls and electronic exchanges to help guide students and their families through the admissions process. This employee will also support university processes to achieve educational and economic goals.
- Assume a key role in the admissions activities of the University through management of an assigned recruiting territory, including correspondence, telephone and personal contact with students.
- Assist prospective students and their parents through the enrollment process, explaining academic programs, admissions requirements, and basic financial aid information.
- Visit high schools and serve as a liaison with guidance counselors; represent the University at college fairs statewide.
- Represents the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Some evening and weekend commitments are required; as is occasional overnight travel
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Start Date: January 2019
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.