Women’s Lacrosse – Graduate Assistant
Date: May 23, 2022
Position Title: Women’s Lacrosse GA
Position Requirements & Preferences:
- Education Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: Background in the sport of Women’s Lacrosse required
- Demonstrates talent in building cohesive teams.
- Ability to recruit/be open to learning to recruiting prospective students.
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building and communication skills essential.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peacemaking, integrity, community and equity.
- Administer your sport in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA, KCAC and HAAC regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the Women’s Lacrosse budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within your sport.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff
- Assist with the supervision of other athletic events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement of New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Graduate Assistant
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Apply : Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.