Payroll Clerk – Staff Position
Position Title: Payroll Clerk
Department: Business Office
Position Requirements and Preferences
- Education: Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Accumulation of 7 years education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities specified in this job description.
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Complete each monthly payroll for employees in a timely and accurate manner which includes hourly employee’s time entry, salaried employee updates, adjunct pay, overload pay, summer contracts in May, June and July.
- Collect all employment paperwork for all students; work-study, college job and summer, and enter all data into the system to prepare for payroll processing.
- Collect all employment paperwork for all adjunct and temporary employees and enter all data in the system to prepare for payroll.
- Maintain the PTO balances for all employees.
- Process all work study, college job and student employment payrolls.
- Communicate with financial aid concerning the availability of work-study.
- All other duties as assigned
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume, and references:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.