Mental Health Coordinator – Staff Position
Position Title: Mental Health Coordinator
Department: Student Services
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Required: Bachelors of Social Work or Bachelors of Human Services Preferred. Masters level Social Worker or Licensed Mental Health Counselor
||Accumulation of 2 years education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities specified in this job description.
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- High levels of integrity and management of personal schedule with the upmost respect for productive and time management.
- Therapeutic Support: Provides Crisis Management and ability to evaluate urgent and emergency care. Provides on call services for students who are at risk to themselves or others. Is willing to report on campus if an emergency warrants an evaluation or assistance. Coordinates care with local emergency services.
- Triage students to match needs with community providers.
- Connect and have a working relationship with local mental health providers to assist in referring students for mental health services.
- Social Activities- Promotes mental health agenda with monthly social activities.
- Coordinate with SEIDA to assist with the William Penn Drug Diversion Program- This requires ongoing and continued networking with local providers.
- Trainings- Participates in continuing education for professional development.
- Assist with trainings campus wide for students including:
- RA training, New Student Orientation, and Mental Health workshops.
- Assist with training campus wide for staff including:
- Lunch and Learns, faculty, staff, and coach support, Mental Health First Aid, etc.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require occasional weekend, emergency and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Dean of Students
Start Date: January 2022
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume and references:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.