Men’s & Women’s Cross Country – Graduate Assistant
Date: March 31, 2023
Position Title: Men’s & Women’s Cross Country (& Distance Track) Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience: Background in the sport of Cross Country & Middle-Distance/Distance Track Events
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer your sport in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HAAC regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the Cross-Country budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within your sport.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff
- Assist with the supervision of other athletic events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Head Cross Country Coach
Start Date: June 1, 2023
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Graduate Assistants
Closing Date of Position: Until Filled
Send a cover letter, resume and at least 3 references electronically to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer