Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach – Staff Position
Date: August 22, 2022
Position Title: Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Coaching experience required
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach will lead by example & develop others’ leadership capabilities, employee relevant technologies, & actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, & equality.
- Administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and conference regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget. All purchase orders, expense forms and check requests must be submitted in a timely manner to the Athletic Director.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Director of Compliance and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each head coach is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.
- Coordinate all team travel plans with the Transportation Director in a timely manner.
- Assist the SID with news releases, media guides and other team related materials.
- Be a positive role model for your team and monitor discipline guidelines with your team.
- Submit an updated annual inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of your team members.
- Consistently communicate with Admissions with your recruiting information.
- Coordinate schedules for varsity and junior varsity teams.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Work with the Champions of Character Representative to assure that your program is fulfilling NAIA and Institutional guidelines.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Be loyal and supportive with the Athletic Department staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Will support the performance management system used by William Penn University and do formal quality reviews of your subordinates as per the guidelines established.
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Full-Time
Closing Date of Position: Until Filled
Send cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer