Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach – Staff Position
Date: December 15, 2023
Position Title: Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Job Summary: WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Head Coach will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Coaching experience required
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours.
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Supervises: Part-time Coaches / Graduate Assistants
- Administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and conference regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget. All purchase orders, expense forms and check requests must be submitted in a timely manner to the Athletic Director.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Director of Compliance and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each head coach is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.
- Coordinate all team travel plans with the Transportation Director in a timely manner.
- Assist the SID with news releases, media guides and other team related materials.
- Be a positive role model for your team and monitor discipline guidelines with your team.
- Submit an updated annual inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of your team members.
- Consistently communicate with Admissions with your recruiting information.
- Coordinate schedules for varsity and junior varsity teams.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Work with the Champions of Character Representative to assure that your program is fulfilling NAIA and Institutional guidelines.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Be loyal and supportive with the Athletic Department staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Will support the performance management system used by William Penn University and do formal quality reviews of your subordinates as per the guidelines established.
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Trustees of William Penn University.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer