Head Football Coach – Staff Position
Date: November 14, 2022
Position Title: Head Men’s Football Coach
Position Requirements & Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Coaching experience required
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public;
- Demonstrate the ability to be a positive team member;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Head Coach will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer the program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and Heart of American Athletic Conference (Heart) regulations, eligibility guidelines, initiatives and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program, meeting recruitment goals set by the University.
- Assemble team that meets expectations in all performance standards.
- Be a positive role model for team and the University
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of team members.
- Coordinate schedules for varsity and varsity reserve teams.
- Cooperate and communicate with athletic and university support staffs.
- Will support the performance management system used by William Penn University.
- All other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time / Part-Time / Temp: Full-Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Send letter of application & resume to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider & employer.