Financial Aid Administrative Assistant – Staff Position
Date: January 9, 2023
Position Title: Financial Aid Administrative Assistant
Department: Financial Aid
Position Requirements & Preferences
Education: Associate degree preferred, but not required
Experience: Accumulation of 4 years education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities specified in this job description.
- Good office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility, and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs such as Word and Excel.
- Proficient written communication skills in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines such as fax, scanner, and copier.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Administrative Assistant will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. Specifically, the Administrative Assistant will enter award information in software, mail award packets to students, serve as receptionist for the office and support university processes to achieve educational and economic goals.
- Adhere to the William Penn University mission of providing an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates punctuality, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interpretsdepartmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Provide excellent proof-reading skills, be extremely detail oriented, and have a strong ability to analyze and compare data.
- Assist students with on-line entrance, exit, or master promissory note.
- Provide strong counseling skills as you assist students and parents with any financial aid questions.
- Data entry – enter financial aid offers in the financial aid software and mail to student.
- Contact student if their financial aid offer is on hold pending their registration.
- Create file folders for new students and keep all filing current.
- Gather data, as needed, for reports/surveys and verify for accuracy.
- Remove award offers, as needed, from financial aid/university systems.
- Add and delete new students for upcoming year in NSLDS transfer monitoring system.
- Send exits to non-returning students who borrowed federal loan funds.
- Perform credit checks on all federal PLUS loan applications, enter information in financial aid software and revise financial aid offer.
- Update financial aid software of completed loan authorization forms received.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: New Position
Full-Time / Part-Time / Temp: Full-Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Send cover letter, resume, & references to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider & employer.