Eventing/Telemarketer Coordinator – Graduate Assistant
DATE: March 3, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Eventing/Telemarketer Coordinator Graduate Assistant
||Bachelor’s Degree required
||Background in Administration/Communication/Event Planning
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and help others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Promote William Penn University to the Oskaloosa community
- Assist in organizing events, meetings and groups for both students and alumni
- Coordinate and oversight of annual phonathon
- Assist in development and implementation of Senior Gift project
- Work with students and alumni to make their campus event a positive experience.
- Create a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for all students, faculty/staff and alumni visitors.
- Assist with special events coordination for both on campus and off campus events
- Develop and maintain inventory spreadsheet of alumni give-aways.
- Represent and promote university/alumni events through social media in a professional manner, including daily posts on alumni facebook page
- Available to give tours to alumni visiting campus
- Represents the University in a positive manner with students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, alumni and all members of the community.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
REPORTS TO: VP for Advancement/Alumni & Public Relations Coordinator
START DATE: July 1, 2021
REPLACEMENT OR NEW POSITION: Replacement
FULL TIME/PART-TIME/TEMP: Graduate Assistant (Temporary) minimum of 2 years
CLOSING DATE OF POSTING: Until Filled
APPLICATION SENT TO: Send cover letter and resume electronically:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: At will employee.
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.