Director of Esports – Staff Position
Date: June 19, 2023
Position Title: Director of Esports
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s degree required.
||Current experience with competitive gaming preferred, demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and motivated to meet recruitment benchmarks a must.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional student information system, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Director of Esports will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. Specifically, the Director of Esports will lead the development and recruitment of students for a competitive eSports team. Through recruitment and student retention efforts, this person will create and manage a quality team and support university processes to achieve educational and economic goals.
- Awarding Institutional Funds.
- Recruitment of new students via high school visits, phone calls, one-one visits with students and parents, written correspondence and visibility at local and regional competitions.
- Administer in total compliance with William Penn and governing bodies regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain a competition schedule for students that is reasonable for both program growth and student academic achievement.
- Supervise eSports support staff, including but not limited to work study student(s).
- Administer eSports budget.
- Maintain inventory of necessary equipment.
- Work closely with Admissions, Athletic Director and Sport Information Director on applicable initiatives.
- Represents the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position will require travel.
- This position will require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: New
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume and three references electronically:
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.