Digital Content & Communications Specialist – Staff Position
Position Title: Digital Content & Communications Specialist
Position Requirements and Preferences
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experience: Administrative duties, customer service etiquette
- Office management / coordination abilities
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgement, accuracy, flexibility, and well-developed critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, and / or the public
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in Business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion
- Ability to work independently as well as be collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner, and copy machine
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Identify and coordinate content owners who are/will be responsible for content on specific web pages. Work closely with IS for website management.
- Experience with Graphic Design software
- Proficiency in social media and other technology-based media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Tik Tok.
- Understand tone and voice for brand work and persona development
- Supports Manager with PR campaigns, media kits and news releases
- Interview students, faculty, alumni and others for online profiles – schedule photo/video shoots for each.
- Conduct needs assessment to identify areas where content must be generated.
- Assists with calendaring internal events for faculty/staff and student activities on-campus
- Coordinates daily WPU/Barker Channel announcements
- Communicate and promote special events within the Advancement Office, including campus activities for enrollment growth and revenue generation
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Start Date: February 2022
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.