Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach – Staff Position
Date: June 8, 2023
Position Title: Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach
Department: Athletic Department
Position Requirements and Preferences:
||Bachelor’s Degree required.
||Collegiate coaching, club coaching/high school coaching and/or playing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential;
- Willing to work long hours, weekend and holidays.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Assistant Coaches will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. This person will also be responsible for coordinating our special teams, putting together a weekly game plan, calling special teams plays on game day, coaching a position group on the field and leading position meetings on a daily basis.
- Administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and Heart regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Compliance Officer and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each program is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.
- Assist the SID with news releases, media guides and other team related materials.
- Be a positive role model for your team and monitor discipline guidelines with your team.
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of your team members.
- Consistently communicate with Admissions with your recruiting information.
- Coordinate schedules for varsity and junior varsity teams.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Work with the Champions of Character Representative to assure that your program is fulfilling NAIA guidelines.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Be loyal and supportive with the Athletic Department staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Will support the performance management system used by William Penn University and do formal quality reviews of your subordinates as per the guidelines established.
- Coordinate travel arrangements in season and recruiting.
- Recruit certain number of student-athletes.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
Reports to: Head Women’s Volleyball Coach
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: New
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume and at least 3 references electronically to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.