Distance Learning Placement Coordinator and Academic Advisor
Position Title: Distance Learning Placement Coordinator and Academic Advisor
Department: Education Division
Position Requirements and Preferences:
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Experience & Duties:
- 2-4 years of experience working with non-traditional students or adult learners preferred
1.Field Experience and Paperwork
- Place and document Distance Learning-BA students for the following field experiences:
- EDUC 100 – Introduction to Education – 15-hour field experience
- EDSP 100 – Introduction to Exceptional Learners – 15-hour field experience
- EDUC 373 – Literacy field experience
- EDUC 379 – Math field experience
- As needed for additional classes – EDSP 390, EASL Placements, EDSP 360, EDUC 375
- Document field experiences by obtaining building consent forms for each placement
- Document current district contracts for each placement
- Maintain current district contracts for each field experience and student teaching experience
- Collect field placement paperwork from instructors
- Document diverse field placements for each distance learning student from field placement paperwork on the Diverse Placement Google excel sheet
- File all field experience paperwork and document on benchmark document in student files
2. Advise students in Distance learning program
- Evaluate incoming transcripts
- Create Plan of Study (include endorsement areas where applicable)
- Document and maintain current enrollment data – add/drop
- Communicate with students regarding academic/instructor issues
- Assist students in navigating – financial aid, billing, books, computers, classes, portfolio, etc.
- Work with campus offices to assist DL students
- Revise plan of study for additional endorsements and when courses do not meet TEP requirements (C- or higher)
- Every semester check final grades for education requirements (C- or higher)
- Collect all Teacher Education Program paperwork from all DL students, which include: a. EDUC 100 field experience documentation, look up grades for b. Key Assignment B, c. TEP application, d. DCI background check, e. Read and score Key Assignment C for transfer students) f. Document all Teacher Education Program paperwork in student files and TEP chart g. Ensure that all Key Assignments are complete for TEP admittance · Document all Teacher Education Program paperwork in student files and TEP chart
- Ensure that Key Assignments are complete for TEP admittance
- Submit student names to Teacher Education Committee for TEP approval
- Assist advisees in completing student teacher application and resume
- Collect student teacher applications and resumes
- Collaborate with licensure official to ensure all courses are completed for student teaching major and endorsements
- Ensure that Key Assignments are complete for student teaching
- Assist advisees in completing Intent to Graduate form and degree audit
- Collect Intent to Graduate form and submit to registrar
- Communication must be answered within 24 hours – this includes evenings and weekends
3. Licensure for all BA students
- Work with Licensure Official to confirm degree audit requirements prior to student teaching
- Print ETS Praxis II Scores, document on Benchmark sheet and place in student file
- Print final transcripts for student file · Print Initial License Recommendation for student file
- Collect fingerprints to forward to the BOEE
4. Track post-graduation data for all outgoing students
- Maintain all credential files
5. Recruitment and Retention
- Assist Senior Academic Advisor and Recruiting Coordinator
- Assist with Phone calls and emails
- Create Plan of Study for all potential students who submit transcripts for evaluation
- Work with Admissions to assist potential students through the application process
6. Additional Duties
- Work with the Director of Distance Learning and the Senior Academic Advisor/Recruiting Coordinator to plan and implement a summer residency for upcoming student teachers
- Gather data for various state and federal reports as it pertains to demographics, endorsements, etc.
- Work with instructors to address individual student issues/field experience, etc.
- Work with Information Services, Lead TA, instructors and students to ensure that all technology needs are being met
- Update information in Moodle (licensure changes, Praxis information, TEP requirements, etc.)
- Attend all department meetings
- Supervise student employee
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented while multi-tasking, working independently and problem solving
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
Reports to: Distance Learning Director
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.