Development and Gift Stewardship Officer
Position Title: Development and Gift Stewardship Officer
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel computer applications. Strong people skills, demonstrated organizational skills, detail oriented and time management skills. Team oriented office environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Able to travel, work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Education Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Experience and Abilities:
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Administrative duties, customer service etiquette
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement; this position is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of the annual fund program, building relationships with all constituent groups. Establish contact with alumni, parents and students through travel, events, activities and long-term projects that purposefully engage and involve constituents, building relationships towards advancement initiatives and campaign activity.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Personal visits (15 face to face contacts per month)
- Establish and cultivate relationships essential for stewardship of WPU donor relations
- Manage portfolio of 100 giving club level prospects
- Responsible for 3 direct mail appeals – coordinate solicitation piece for target constituent audiences
- Promote success of WPU alumni
- Phonathon (1500 completed calls) – coordinate, train and implement
- Assist VP for Advancement in advancement initiatives and campaign activity
- Assist in entry of development officer team field reports
- Responsible for Iowa College Foundation calls
- Develop and organize events/activities related to fundraising activity
- Assist in enlistment of volunteers and alumni relations development program when needed
- Assist with special events coordination within the Advancement Office
- Develop and promote campus activities for enrollment growth and revenue generation
- Travels to promote William Penn University and works closely with other professional staff to implement development program.
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
Start Date: August 2020
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.