Date: May 23, 2022
Position Title: Communication Coordinator
Position Requirements & Preferences:
- Education Associates; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: Previous data entry experience required
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Communication Coordinator will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality. Specifically, the Communication Coordinator will be responsible for the communication flow from the admissions office to prospective students and other administrative support for the Admissions Office. This employee will support university processes to achieve educational and economic goals.
- Represents the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Create, maintain and update admissions forms and applications, as needed
- Create and track communication flow
- Provide reference information for admissions statistical reporting
- Create statistical reports on demand
- Create and update student records in database
- Create, update and process daily mailings to prospective students with corresponding promotional materials
- Monitor inventory of promotional materials; make recommendations for reordering
- Keep adjacent supply room stocked with admissions materials
- Ability to cross-train and perform tasks of the Administrative Assistant for Admissions
- Effectively train, motivate and evaluate work study employees
- Ability to lift 25-30 pounds.
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement of New Position: New
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Full-Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Apply : Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.