Collections Officer and Cashier – Business Office
Position Title: Collections Officer and Cashier
Department: Business Office
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education: Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Accumulation of 2-3 years education and / or experience in demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities specified in this job description.
- Office management / coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgement, accuracy, flexibility, and well developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, and / or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include:
- institutional mainframe computer system software or similar programs
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner, and copy machine.
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, this position will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and / or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- This position may require travel.
- Prepare new Perkins & Institutional Loan Notes.
- Meet federal requirements for documentation, reporting, and drafting of funds.
- Reconcile all loan related accounts on the General Ledger monthly, according to the office schedule.
- Answer student questions concerning bills and payment plans.
- Administer collection efforts for student accounts, Perkins Loans, and institutional loans.
- Assign uncollectible loans to the Department of Education (DOE).
- Check monthly ECSI statements, submit to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Update subsidiary accounts monthly.
- Advance and Return Loans in ECSI.
- Process monthly collection agency and account payments.
- Print ECSI and Collection Agency monthly reports.
- Send out monthly paid in full letters.
- Process and mail / email exit interviews for loans.
- Review and process Forbearances, Economic Hardships, Cancellations, and Deferments on loan accounts.
- Monitor Perkins Cohort through means of calling, emailing, and mailing letters.
- This position may require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Students Accounts Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.