Director of Corporate / Foundation Relations
Position Title: Director of Corporate / Foundation Relations
Position Requirements & Preferences:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Experience: Administrative duties | Customer service etiquette
- Office management/coordination abilities.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven that provision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Personal visits (15 face to face contacts per month)
- Establish and cultivate relationships essential for stewardship of current WPU corporate and foundation donors
- Coordinate annual fund campaign effort within the business community
- Identify, define and develop corporate and foundation funding sources to support existing fundraising activities
- Coordinate the development writing and submission of grant proposals
- Submit one request funding proposal monthly, minimum
- Manage portfolio of 150 corporate/foundation prospects
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Responsible for Iowa College Foundation calls
- Compose feature stories on alumni in corporate sector
- Develop and promote campus activities for enrollment growth and revenue generation
- Travels to promote William Penn University and works closely with other professional staff to implement development program.
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-time | Part-time | Temp: Full-time
Closing Date of Posting: Until filled
Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Attn: Human Resources Coordinator
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer