Position Title: Career Services Graduate Assistant
Department: Student Services
Position Requirements and Preferences:
The graduate assistant aids the Career Services department in the overall development and management of a comprehensive, centralized career development and career services program.
· Work 20 hours per week.
· Completes training component related to Career Services and available tools.
· Provides individual and group career counseling to students and alumni to assist with career decision-making.
· Administers career assessments (such as COPS) as requested, and helps students interpret them.
· Assists in research, design and delivery of workshops, class presentations and panels on career-related issues, including self-assessment, career exploration, job search strategies including use of the Internet, graduate school, and overall professional preparation.
· Oversees and promotes online career mentoring process for use by current students and alumni in collaboration with Alumni Relations and the Office of Advancement.
· Assists with the coordination of career planning days.
· Cultivates and monitors partnerships with faculty, current and potential internship sites, employers and alumni.
· Attends Connect Iowa meetings, as appropriate, and seminars, conferences, and webinars related to Career Services.
· Encourages students to engage in information interviews, job shadowing, etc. with alumni and employers.
· Assists in the development and implementation of marketing strategies of career services to students, faculty, employers and alumni, including use of social networking sites.
· Advises and coaches students on resume and letter writing, networking and interviewing, and the use of online tools like Handshake and social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
· Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
· Must be open and adaptable to change.
· Must work cooperatively and respectfully with all populations.
· May supervise Career Services work/study student in absence of Coordinator.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Career Services Coordinator.
Reports to: Director of Career Services
Start Date: September 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Graduate Assistant (Temporary)
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
XII. Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.