Bowling Graduate Assistant
Position Title: Bowling Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Background in the sport of Bowling required.
- Demonstrates talent in building cohesive teams.
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building and communication skills essential.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends.
Graduate Assistant for Bowling
- Administer your sport in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HAAC regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the bowling budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within your sport.
- Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff
- Assist with the supervision of other athletic events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Head Bowling Coach
Start Date: September 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: New Position
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Graduate Assistants (2 year minimum)
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.