Baseball Graduate Assistants (3 openings)
Date: May 23, 2022
Positions Title: Baseball Graduate Assistants (3 openings)
Positions Requirements & Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High School/Collegiate playing experience preferred. At least some coaching experience
- Basic knowledge of the game of baseball
- Understanding of how to plan/run a practice
- Can watch film and provide a detailed scouting report
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer your sport to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and HAAC regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the baseball budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining student/athletes for your sport if necessary.
- Attend all athletic department meetings as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with coordination of all travel plans with the Transportation Director.
- Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within your sport.
- Encourage and monitor attendance and classroom performance for classes by our athletes, as directed by the head coach.
- Assist to update the annual inventory and non-conference schedule.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Fulfill all obligations, as established by the University, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Athletic Department Staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- Cooperate and communicate with the training staff.
- Follow all University policies and procedures as outlined in the Policy Manual and Graduate Assistant Guidelines manual.
- All recruiting and travel trips should be coordinated with the head coach.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head Coach/Athletic Director.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accepted into the MBL program through the CWA. Fulfill all of their guidelines and standards.
Reports to: Head Baseball Coach
Start Date: August 1, 2022
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time | Part-Time | Temp: Graduate Assistant
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer